Updated plans for end of 2014 and onwards:
1. Finished replacing all my standing rigging and chainplates aboard my S&S 34 “Gitano”.
2. Change in previous geo-seismic job in Mexico thus freeing me up for alternate options.
3. Now potential/likely yacht delivery Hawaii to Singapore from end of October finishing early December.
4. Have a ride for the 70th Anniversary Rolex Sydney Hobart race. More as we approach the race start on Boxing Day: Dec 26th.
5. Prepping my boat to meet CAT 0 safety and regulatory requirements to sail my own S&S 34 to Australia next summer, potentially via TransPac, to do what will be a 7th Sydney Hobart, the plan being one every year from then onwards…first objective: (ten Rolex Sydney Hobarts on the CV and two or more divisional wins.)
6. Currently sourcing, technical, monetary and crew for the race plan ahead…
7. Also evaluating options and viability to utilize my own Mini 650 in France to reach ten Mini Fastnets and three top five finishes over the coming years.
8. Meanwhile, I’m pushing back the start date for the ‘MOD’ ‘Monohull One-Design solo around the world S&S 34 race to the 50th anniversary (1969) of the design’s debut in 2019. This also corresponds to the 19th year anniversary of the idea for the race while I delivered the S&S 34 “Stray Bit” from Australia to Hawaii in 1999. The race will start and finish in Sydney: http://bjcaldwell.wix.com/g2
9. Team-mate Linda Pasquariello will also be finished before then with her own west-about solo circumnavigation aboard her sister-ship S&S 34 thus enabling her potential and likely entry to the race debut.
…Meanwhile of note, this past weekend was sourced by movie star, singer and friend Lauren Mayhew to skipper a birthday charter to Catalina Island from Marina del Rey. Unfortunately due to a few technicalities on my end I couldn t make it happen this time. However, I look forward to doing another sail together next summer while I’m in LA on “Gitano”! Below is Lauren’s hit single “What is Love?”…download it now on Itunes, I know I’ll be dancing to it offshore 😉